ARPADEMICA Science Institute Historical Harps
ARPADEMICA is an Institut of Science and Research of Historical Harps.
The consistent research and the reproduction of surviving Early Harps using historical- physical- and technical principles, as well the reconstruction of Historical Harps from iconografic illustrations in manuscripts and skulptures.
To keep this historical heritage and undertake studies in this field as well as to make publications is the the main interest of the institute. We give seminares, lectures and workshops in universities, conservatories, cultural centers and music schools, as well as at symposiums.
All research we do personaly in museums and collections arround the world, to be able to make reproductions of these musical instruments close to there historical construction and craftmenship. We measured most Historical Harps considered to be important to the early music scene and did documentations as well as technical drawings.
Professional musicians ordered Historical Harps from our workshop.
We started a collection of Historical Harps several years ago. There is an archive of publications, books, drawings and digital data.
All instruments are handmade, and we put great effort into original details which would not be realised using machinery.
- makes certificates for insurance companies, museums and collections
- advise musicians, restaurators, collections and cultural centers
- makes workshops, lectures and seminares in highschools, conservatotys and universitys as well as in technical schools for musicinstrumentmakers.
- offers lecture subjects in Histiorical Harps
- recommend other harpmakers working with the same ideals as Arpademica
- advise in transportproblems, and makes special transport flight-cases.
© Eric Harps . Eric Wilhelm Kleinmann . Phone +49 (0) 7471 82993 . E-Mail
eric-harps.de arpademica.com harfenforschung.de harfen-forschung.de